1. Whenever instructed to line up students should line up by rank. The person to the right ( the most senior member ) will be the point on which everyone lines up .
2. There should be no unnecessary talking when a class is in session , even if you are not in the class.
3. Questions or comments during class time should be kept to a minimum and related to the subject at hand.
4. Students requiring help should stand at attention . Whenever an instructor attends to them , they should bow before and after thier help and thank them.
5. Students should always thank their Sensei/Sempai after the class.
6.If the instructor asks a student to help demonstrate a technique , the student should run to where the instructor designates and wait until the begin. They should bow to the instructor before and after the technique . They should do only as instructed and defend or attack with spirit. If thrown , they should not attempt to get up or lift their head until told to do so. these rules are for the safety of each student.
7. Students should not come onto or leave the floor during training without permission of the instructor. They should never leave their position until given permission as they may be accidentally struck or kicked by another student.
8. When given permission to cross the floor while a class is in session students should , whenever posible , pass behind the class. They should not pass between the instructor and the class.
9. If a student arrives late they should change quickly . Stepb to the door and , sit in Sezia position and wait until given permission by the instructor to enter the class. Once permission has been given bow as you would at the beginning of each lesson. Stand and join the class lining up behind the lowest grade present.
10. If a student is instructed to sit on the floor , they should not lean against the walls or lounge back against other people or objects. They should sit erect and orderly.
11. No jewelry is to be worn.
12. Fingernails and toenails should be kept trimmed and uniforms should be clean at all times.
13. Rei (bow) before entering and leaving the dojo. Rei to black belts/higher belts
14. Address the instructor as Sensei (teacher)
15. Address higher ranking students as Sempai